Q. I just got into an accident, what should I do?
- Call us! It is imperative to get us involved as soon as possible in the handling of your case. The sooner we are involved, the better assistance we can provide for the best possible solution.
Q. I was the victim of a hit and run accident, am I still able to file a claim?
- Yes. In many instances, your own insurance coverage provides for this type of situation. Allow us to help you review your insurance policy to see if you have Uninsured Motorist Coverage or Underinsured Motorist Coverage. If you have these types of coverage, we can pursue a claim for you.
Q. I fell and got hurt but did not report the incident on the day it happened, is it too late to make a claim?
- No. While we strongly recommend that our clients report any fall immediately to the property manager/owner, failure to do so does not prevent you from pursuing a claim.
Q. My husband was injured in a car accident and I have had to take off work to take care of him and our daily life has changed significantly. Is my husband the only one who can recover?
- No. If your spouse is injured in an accident, you have a claim to recover for both your time off work as well as the impact it has had on your relationship.
Q. I like my primary care physician, if I sign up with Hough & Hough, do I have to see a doctor Hough & Hough recommends?
- Absolutely not! Hough & Hough strives to ensure that you feel comfortable and satisfied with your medical treatment. If you have doctors you like, you are free to see them.
Q. I think I need a treatment that I don’t see discussed on your website, does that mean I should hire a different attorney?
- No. Hough & Hough has handled cases where extremely complex medical treatment is needed. Hough & Hough will always find you a doctor for your medical need, no matter how unique your circumstances are.
Q. I already started treating with my doctors and have just now decided to retain an attorney, have I ruined my case?
- Definitely not. Hough & Hough has handled cases at various stages of a client’s medical treatment. Hough & Hough can represent you no matter where you are in your recovery process.
Q. I do not have any money to hire a lawyer, can you still help me?
- Yes. We take personal injury cases on a contingency basis. In other words, you will not have any upfront or out-of-pocket costs. We don't get paid unless we receive a recovery for you.
Q. I was in an auto accident and think I am partially at fault, can you still help me?
- Yes. In some states, partial fault would prevent you from recovering anything; however, in California, you can still recover. Your recovery will be reduced in an amount proportional to your fault.
Q. I was previously in an auto accident and retained a lawyer but I don't like how my case is being handled, am I out of luck?
- No. Our personal injury law firm often handles cases for clients that have already retained a lawyer and are unhappy with the service they are receiving. We are happy to hear your concerns and provide the legal services you want and deserve.